Thursday, July 12, 2007
Sub-Level 2 progress report 8
My desks are done! At least for now. One of my hold-ups was that I couldn't find the trim I wanted for the edges of the desk. I really wanted that 50's chrome look, but that stuff is hard to find. I ended up making my own out of the trim used to hold down carpet. It is actually one 1 1/5 strip with a 2 inch strip overlapping it. It took a lot of work, but I was really happy with the way it turned out. Once I had the trim in place I put 2-3 coats of clear epoxy on the top. Very glossy and juicy. It brought back that shiny bowling alley look. Once the fumes were gone and the epoxy cured I was able to move in my computers. Ahhhh. That feels better. I still have one more desktop to put in, but it needs cabinets under it first and I still need to build some closet doors. It's a never ending process.