Sunday, September 18, 2005

G.O.T.-Gary



This is another sketch for my gallery of terror. I think maybe his name is Gary. He's a retired beach resort boat rental guy who took up pumpkin carving as a hobby and now travels with county fairs doing consultation work. I kind of like the way he is turning out, so I might paint him. I'll post it when it's done.

Update: Here is the painting. I started with sepia ink washes then added a little color with acrylics. Really quick but I kinda like the way it turned out.

7 comments:

Drazen said...

Garys gotta lotta what ya call Charisma!
looking forward too seeing him fleshed out

The Dally Llama said...

...And I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddlin' kids!

That's what Gary makes me think of.

I SHOULD be Boss of the World said...

I like the white eye. ...nice touch.

Sister Pottymouth said...

Kinda creepy, Guy. Is this going to be your costume this year for Halloween? You've almost got enough hair of your own to pull it off....

Kactiguy said...

Julie, that is low. He looks like Phil, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I've known some consultants who looked like that. Never met any Gary's though. I'll have to take your word for it. Nicely done, in an evil and sinister kind of a way! Love the dripping background. You'll have to show me how to do that. Then Halloween will be mine! (Insert maniacal laughter).

LDahl said...

Great character! I really, really like this ol spooky guy!