Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Illustration Friday: Welcome


This is a work in progress. My class asked me to do a demo, but I didn't have anything prepared. I asked them what they wanted me to paint and they suggested a girl vampire. Great. Fits perfectly with the Gallery O' Terror. Then it struck me that I could combine the demo with Illustration Friday. A bit silly but who cares. They want me to finish it in class, so from sketch to what we have here is a good 45 min to an hour of painting. I'll finish it next week, but I thought I'd post what I have before I miss the topic. Enjoy.

On another unrelated topic, I found this photo of Scott Fisher and Gregory Manchess, two amazing artists, at the Spectrum Show. That's my painting peeking out over Gregory's shoulder. Cool.


And again on another unrelated topic, here is Mark Harmon's photo with me. You'd think you could have at least put on some shoes. Jeez.

2 comments:

Abz said...

Lookin good! Velcome eh? lol... good stuff! and yea, let that dude get some shoes on...sheesh!

Mark Harmon said...

Freelance illustrators don't wear shoes. That's the beauty of working from home. I'm just trying to keep it "All-Na-tu-ral"